Featured Post

LET'S DO THIS!!! 30 day AB and squats challenge!!!

Are you ready to flatten your tummy and get a nice booty going on? Well I challenge you to a 30 day AB and squats challenge with me!!! I wil...

Friday, January 8, 2016

The Hunt!!

I LOVE hunting!!! Doesn't matter what it is whether it be grouse, chuckers; ducks; geese; cottontails; elk or deer! I love it all! My family is a big Archery family.. Everyone hunts with a bow! I have lots of stories about hunting... but I'm going to tell you 1 of them now... and the rest later lol.

So since my dad is getting older we decided to take up the muzzleloader hunt instead of archery. Every year we take a full week and go camping  and hunt. We ended up going the Ferron Res. by Mayfield and camped on the very top so my mom could fish lol...

Opening morning of the hunt we wake up to the most beautiful sound! A herd of elk were bugling all morning. It was a great start to the season! We had a routine down to the hour. Make coffee, start jeep, load guns and away we went.  This was my first Muzzleloader hunt and I'm pretty good shot with a gun... but when you come across a buck its like you have never shot a gun before because your shaking so bad from the adrenaline lol!! Oh my what a rush haha. Well I missed a few shots on opening morning.

Well we went on the afternoon hunt and didn't see much but other hunters. We got back had dinner and stayed up for a while around the fire then decided to call it a night. All nightlong we herd nothing but howling coyotes. It was earie but we had springbar tents and we knew we were safe.

That night my mom and dads dog got out and scratched to get back in. My dad looked seen he was not in the tent and let him in... closed up the tent and went back to bed... Now these tents have 6 different zippers to open in order to get in or out. Well a little bit later my dad was woken up again to scratching on the tent. He looked down and saw his dog was in the tent so his next thought was that it was my dog Auzzie... so he yells at the dog and goes to bed....

The next morning we get up and my dad started telling us that our dog was trying to get in their tent...Well..... It just so happens that my dog never left my tent that night and it recently snowed a little up at our camp.. We started looking and found big paw prints and realized that a coyote was trying to get in my parent's tent.. THANK GOODNESS!!! my dad didn't open the tent door! Even though it was a coyote.. he was in a pack and they had smelled the food my mom had in their tent and it was trying to get in to eat (that's my theory).

Me and my dad had seen a coyote in the day up close and personal by Ferron before and contrary to what people think they are pretty big up in those mountains... They really do not have anything to be scared of and they have an endless supply of sheep up there.  Which we had found a carcass of a half eaten sheep up there before.





 It freaked us all out that we had our pistols loaded and ready just in case they came back.... but they never did.. Lesson of the day... DO NOT put food in the actual tent you are sleeping in unless you want to become the food! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment