Featured Post

LET'S DO THIS!!! 30 day AB and squats challenge!!!

Are you ready to flatten your tummy and get a nice booty going on? Well I challenge you to a 30 day AB and squats challenge with me!!! I wil...

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My dad and The 57' Fairlane 500


My parents are crazy - spur of the moment type of people. Of Course, they raised me the same way. My dad is a genius, even though he looks like Uncle Si off of Duck Dynasty. That man has done everything in his life. He has built and invented many things. Gotten into a lot of trouble and picked on his other siblings.

 As a teenager he raced cars on the streets for money and bragging rights. He used to drive a 57’ Ford Fair lane 500 to every race. This car goes from 0-120 in about 6 seconds. Of course the car motor is not stock as he was always adding more stuff to a bigger motor to be the fastest car around. Well he had this car all the way up until he rolled in a few years ago and sold it to a family member. He kept the motor and vowed to find the perfect car to put it in.



 
As the years went by I tried to get this car back. Fortunately under certain circumstances, the car was given back to me and I vowed to restore this car with my dad. This past father’s day I gave it back to him and told him we were going to restore it together and there was lots of waterworks going on! J I have never seen him happier. We will start restoring it in the spring and I will post pics of the entire restoration!! So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment