Featured Post

LET'S DO THIS!!! 30 day AB and squats challenge!!!

Are you ready to flatten your tummy and get a nice booty going on? Well I challenge you to a 30 day AB and squats challenge with me!!! I wil...

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Wyoming Here we come!

Hey everyone,
So my cousin asked us to go on a trip to Wyoming to go snowmobiling and go to the hill climbs. So of course we say yes. No the journey to getting ready has been a beast!! Plus there was  some close calls. So the blog about my crazy weekend and my snowmobile having problems was just the beginning! We got mine fixed and my hubby thought he had his fixed an d we went out snowmobiling last weekend to go test them out. So it was a rough start to begin with it was snowing and we kinda left late. We got up there and got unloaded and my hubby went to start his and the pull rope wouldn't retract back into the block, so he couldn't shut his off.
We headed up there and the snow was beautiful. deep fresh virgin powder. We stated to break trail and my cousin's girlfriend kept getting stuck... Well we get up there further and it starts getting bad. One side of the trail in a cliff and the other side dips down into deeper powder..now the only way to get out of the deep side is to gun it and get back up in the middle.. So we get up there half way and she gets stuck again. so my cuz decided to go up a ways and turn around. well he takes off and has my goggles as his pair were horrible... well time goes by and he hasn't made it back down. At this point my hubby's sled started over heating because he couldn't shut it off she we get the 580 sled unstuck and turned around and I tell the hubby to go down and take my cuz's little boy and his Girl and id go up and find him. so they headed down and I headed up the mountain solo.. The snow started to pick up and I was blinded by this blizzard.. on top of that I couldn't see due to having crappy glasses... well the deep powder started  to pull me in and so I gunned it to get out as I was leaning to pull myself out I hit a bush or rock under the snow and it threw me to the other side of the sled and I biffed it and ate snow.... As I get done digging the snow out of the helmet I realized my sled is on its side. So I gunned it again to try and get out by it was no use as it was buried. I realized there was no way of getting my sled out by myself so I sat there had a couple smokes and I happened to look up the road and here comes my cuz walking don the mountain. I was so glad to see him!!! And the feeling was the same for him. I told him when I got to him that he looked like he needed a smoke and he was excited to know that I had a lighter. After he had been up the canyon stuck with smokes but no lighter he walked down about a mile to me. As we sit there trying to figure out how we were going to get out, we remembered I had a wrench under my hood... Well he dug out my track and we got out!!! We started to head down the mountain in order  to get help to get his sled. About halfway down we see his girl stuck again. But this time the 580 was so wet from the powder it did not want to start. so I told him to take her back down and come back for me as it was getting late.. and I know what needs to be done in a situation like that. He heads down.. Now it starts getting late and the dark starts to roll in.. My thought was there  is mt. lions up here probably hungry, I have no heat, no running sled and no weapon... So I rounded up a bunch of sticks and started a fire.. luckily there was a can of starting fluid in the 580 that I used as a weapon.. I got a long stick, sprayed the end of it as it was a bit wet and use the can of starting fluid as a make shift flame thrower.. haha I felt much safer knowing I could burn the face off of anything that tried to eat me .  Well after it was dark my cuz came back up and got me and we headed down the mountain.. we ended  up running into my dad and hubby. Apparently the hubby ran down the canyon to my dads and got him to come look for me. I do have the best family in the world. Needless to say we ended up going to get the sleds the next day and it took all day to get 2 sleds down. After this hiccup with my hubby's sled he ended up buying anew sled about 3 days later  lol.. its not my fault my sled runs better than his. We still have about a month to get ready for this trip and  of course ill post pictures!! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment